Project Profile: Point Beach Nuclear Power Plant, Wisconsin
Project: Perimeter Security System Turnkey Design Services
Client: Nuclear Management Company
Scope of Work: Professional Systems Engineering, LLC conducted a feasibility and budget impact study for the Point Beach Nuclear Power Plant (two-485 MW pressurized water reactors) perimeter security upgrade project.
The layout and interior design included a two-story security building containing personnel processing facilities, secondary control center, and an office area outside the reactor. Also included in the detailed design are the interior revisions of the security building and design of a new vehicle sally port.
- Update/replace perimeter
- Grading and soil stabilization
- Computer communications system
- Power distribution system
- Site assessment/report preparation
- Intrusion detection system
- Changes to CAS and SAS
- Relocation/reconfiguration of delay barrier
- Owner’s area upgrade
- Defensive positions awareness