Project Profile: >Luzerne County Courthouse, Pennsylvania
Project: Safety & Security Assessment & Planning
Scope of Work: Professional Systems Engineering, LLC provided consulting and engineering services for code assessment concept level review and recommendations to meet the Department of Labor and Industry requirements for this building. Historically registered with the National Archives, the beautifully ornate grand county courthouse was first occupied in 1909. Great care was taken to provide the first-class life safety and fire detection systems while preserving the historical nature of the building.
The primary project objective for the Courthouse, one of the most ornate courthouse developments at the time of construction, was life safety of the building occupants. A secondary objective is the protection of the structure it self, which is historically registered.
Life Safety/Research/Code Compliance Conditions:
- Latching hardware to meet fire and panic regulations
- Design concept for the installation of a fire detection and alarm system to meet fire and panic regulations
- A design concept to address smoke flow pertaining to exit stairs and corridors
- Recommissioning of jury deliberation rooms
- Code compliance/research to comply with NFPA, BOCA, and NEC
- License and Inspection presentation