Project Profile: Travis County Jail, Texas
Project: Smoke Detection & Control Logic for Smoke Evacuation System
Scope of Work: Professional Systems Engineering, LLC (PSE) having vast engineering experience in smoke detection, smoke control systems, and life safety code requirements (national, state, and local requirements), was selected by the Sheriff’s Office of Travis County.
The Travis County Jail had recently upgraded their facility’s smoke evacuation system to be in compliance with state codes and standards. PSE was commissioned to provide engineering and consulting services to design a smoke detection system with control logic to control the smoke evacuation system and meet stringent state code requirements.
The following is a summary of PSE’s Scope of Services provided for this project:
- Survey the existing conditions that would affect the project
- Recommend and pre-test the solution to assure adequate smoke detection coverage in each cell
- Test all systems prior to design, and provide mockup tests to verify the detection system will function properly before detailed designs
- Provide all Design Development and Construction documentation to ensure the contractor complies with all these standards
- Provide test procedures to verify system meets code
- Provide full Construction Administrative Services including shop drawing review, site visits and progress meetings, final acceptance testing and closeout documentation as per contract requirements.