Project Profile: Hartford Juvenile Detention Center, Connecticut
Project: Security Systems Design & Construction Administration
Scope of Work: Professional Systems Engineering, LLC provided security design, project support, and construction administration services for the new 88-bed facility, an addition to the existing Family Courts building. The security monitoring system design consisted of touchscreen control systems, both wired and wireless duress systems with location ID, access control, and alarm annunciation with video recording and call-up.
- Master control design room layout
- Programmable Logic Controlled (PLC) server computer and touchscreen control (TSC) GUI screen integrated control system
- Door/Gate and detainee movement
- Utility and lighting control system
- Video surveillance system with state-of-the-art cameras, matrix switch, monitors, and digital video recording system.
- State-of-the-art intercom/paging system integrated with control and CCTV systems.
- Wired and wireless duress (man-down) system
- Access control system interfaced to existing
- courthouse systems with card reader access for staff and selected secure doors.
Security Systems Infrastructure
- Cabling and wiring requirements
- Conduit/raceway coordination
- Security equipment room layouts
- UPS and emergency power coordination
- Equipment room master control HVAC coordination requirements
- Communications links to the existing Courthouse’s access control system