Project Profile: Philadelphia Naval Business Center, Pennsylvania
Project: Telecommunication System Assessment Study & Master Plan
Client: Philadelphia Industrial Development Corporation (PIDC)
Scope of Work: Professional Systems Engineering, LLC developed a Master Plan for a campus-wide Tele/Data Communications Service Distribution System at Philadelphia Naval Business Center (PNBC), site of the former Philadelphia Naval Ship Yard.
The purpose of the Master Plan was to provide guidelines for continued improvements and reconstruction of the campus-wide Tele/Data Communications Service Distribution system. The Plan details existing services, existing infrastructure and cable, proposed new infrastructure and cabling, and alternative solutions to meet both short- and long-term telecommunications service distribution needs at PNBC.
- Assessment of the existing telecom system
- Assessment of the duct bank system
- Survey of abandoned utility systems for modernization of the telecom cabling pathways
- Prepare an RFP for telecom testing
- Develop solutions for various telecom services outage issues
- Design of new fiber infrastructure
- Rodding of all maritime environment duct banks
- Utility mapping services
- As-built configuration
- Coordination with Verizon outside plant engineering