Our Forensic Services have been utilized to assess a range of properties from 45-story buildings under fire code violation to maximum detention facilities and nuclear plants. Our engineers perform testing for critical power plants, life safety systems, and validate 200 kilowatts of lighting in corrosive environments. We recently saved a client in a hurricane related claim $7 million by identifying actual damage impact, separating condition from betterment.
- Whether code evaluation, patent/intellectual property infringement, constructability due diligence, enforcement issues, or standards conformance, the collaborative efforts of our staff with clients and contractor produce effective legal and/or negotiation platforms to allow judicious and respectful mediation, arbitration, or suit. Compliance with local, state, and national codes and standards as adopted is assured with our field tested staff.
Systems Design, Performance, Testing, and Commissioning
- Our staff holds advanced educational degrees and commands years of experience with building and site systems. Projects having significant complexities, as well as those costing over $400 million, have been evaluated under rigorous analysis. Many have been tested and commissioned, yielding smooth occupancy transition with minimal read justment and an end to claims by all parties.
Specialized Engineering Services
- Programmable logic controls, digital I/O, and distributed networks industrial, commercial, justice, and military security systems
- Fencing, gates, and high security perimeter intrusion detection
- Fire pumps, sprinkler, pipe/assemblies, CO2, and inerting systems Emergency generators, UPS, redundancy, and grounding
- Switchgear, electrical distribution, and monitoring systems
- Emergency, egress, site, and highway lighting
- Fire alarm/smoke detection, computer graphics and operational sequence
- Emergency evacuation and mass notification
- Heating, ventilating, cooling and refrigeration systems
- Acoustical ratings and sound control evaluation
- Noise and vibration control systems and impact evaluation
- Control systems pneumatic and electro-mechanical
- Computer controls, graphics, GUI’s, and systems integration
- Access control, digital surveillance, and alarm systems
- Deployment of gear and equipment in most technical facilities demands conformance to specifications and/or contract documents. Our staff’s ability to evaluate project and contractor performance while matching testing and certification programs for assurance of costs is impressive. We are often asked to evaluate the financial aspects related to labor costs and unverified incidental costs, capital expenditures, life cycle cost maintenance programs, operational requirements, and warranty response issues. Our past experience includes life safety, security, data and communications, mechanical, electrical, acoustical, and noise and vibration control issues.