DATA Center Network Architecture and Communications Systems
Data Critical Facilities
Our staff has worked on data center and mission critical facilities design for over 30 years for clients in the broadcast industry including NBC; the financial industry such as NASDAQ, PNC, and Fiserv; in law enforcement for cities of Philadelphia and Lexington, Kentucky manufacturing including RCA, GE; aerospace for the Astro Space Center; communications for Verizon, MCI, and Amtrak; schools and universities like Newark Public School District and University of Pennsylvania. A full menu of assessment, planning, design, engineering, move migration, commissioning/testing and cut-over services offer the precise level of commitment to successfully implement complicated schemes with great results. Both ownership and stewardship of the wide range of architectural, M/E/P services critical infrastructure such as emergency power, fire, and security protection are balanced with a highly skilled and talented workforce.
PSE has provided advanced systems for communications, multi-media, acoustics and related building systems since 1986. PSE has extensive experience providing complete tele/datacom infrastructure and information technology systems planning, design and engineering services. We specialize in site-wide communications systems in special environments including academic, justice, corrections, performing arts, theaters, museums, and for diverse government and corporate clients nationwide. Our services include network information technologies, teleconferencing, multimedia systems, and integrated voice/recording, and processing systems. Recent cutting-edge solutions include New Jersey K-12 projects which are designed to fulfill a Department of Education (DOE) mission to build technologically-rich learning environments for all students across the state. PSE was selected as data/telecom infrastructure and technologies expert for several projects including a new magnet science high school which is a cooperative effort with New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), University of Medicine and Dentistry (UMDNJ), and other institutions.
For 30 years, PSE has provided outside-the-box solutions in high technology communications applications. Project highlights include:
- Science Park High School: a new magnet school in cooperation with New Jersey Institute of Technology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, and other institutions. PSE provided information technologies and security for Newark’s new state-of-the-art $65 million magnet public high school.
- North Branch Correctional Institution (NBCI): a 40-acre, $100 million State of Maryland Institution plus 20-acre expansion. Provided complete site-wide infrastructure, data/telecom, video, signaling, fire alarm, security and dedicated intercom. Also responsible for communications for new $80 million institution being constructed on site.
- Lexinton-Fayette County Detention Center: site connectivity for a 400,000 sq. ft. corrections campus covering 100-acres in Kentucky. The $65 million facility has complete data/telecom/video and ATM service. Project included connecting site to an ATM loop with SONET ring communication capabilities. Transmission includes tele/data/video over IP/video switching and satellite connectivity to the government city center. Provided complete site-wide telecom, networking and video teleconferencing including Gigabit Ethernet switching, and fiber optic interconnectivity.
- Maryland Department of Corrections campus in Jessup: an approximately 140-acre telecom environment with underground infrastructure. PSE provided for a buried environmental vault containing approximately 20,000 pairs for service distribution to five individual institutions.
- City of Philadelphia: prepared the RFP for a new city-wide video conferencing system encompassing dozens of City justice, courts facilities, and multiple police districts.
- Philadelphia Zoo: replacement of antiquated communications systems and infrastructure for America’s oldest zoo. Provided wireless audio/paging/audio evacuation and re-engineered the fiber optic tele/data/video network. Included in this project was a site-wide communications upgrade.
- Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts (PAFA): design included WAN, LAN infrastructure, hardware, and software. As well as communications retrofit to existing historic Federal Building adjacent to the historic Frank Furness property.
- Philadelphia Navy Business Center (PNBC): site-wide infrastructure master planning for the conversion of the Philadelphia Navy Ship Yard into a state-of-theart business park, including all underground high speed fiber distribution.
- Fiserv Trust - BHC Financial: data center design communications and network planning, telecommunications infrastructure, security, audio/visual/video, preaction fire protection sprinkler, smoke detection, high-rise fire alarm systems, and consumer meet/greet/“ticker” areas of this securities investment firm.
- Vangaurd Corporate Headquarters: for new educational conference center, provided high-speed access control, remote CCTV surveillance and distributed secure intercom.
- Temple University: a $25 million classroom expansion with advanced infrastructure serving data/telecom/voice/music/video media transmission. Our hybrid solution serves special music instruction, computer labs, math labs and a media center.
- Princeton Theological Seminary: work included digital fire monitoring, telecom, internet connectivity, switched Ethernet, satellite TV and complete infrastructure design with outside plant development. A library project included high-speed student access networks, computer labs, internet research spaces and mainframe connectivity. Also provided integrated infrastructure in five dormitories and 25 apartments
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey: managed design for telephone, data, internet, cable TV, digital fire alarm/smoke detection, and facility monitoring. PSE also developed communications infrastructure for dozens of buildings on the campus.