Detention Openings, Glazing & Hardware Consulting
PSE consults with the Architect and Design/Build firm to discuss product selection and specification. We generates the door hardware, opening, and glazing basis of design narrative based upon this meeting.
- We specify and document all detention hardware. We provide what is required for the door hardware to meet the needs of the individualized areas of the building, and properly integrate with the security electronics systems based on specifications.
- We facilitate the coordination process between the Users, Design Team, and Contractors, making appropriate hardware selections.
- We review the plans and the project with the Architect when the project floor plans and door schedule are completed.
- We coordinate special conditions including sliding door assemblies and other access control security requirements.
- We provide review of the hardware groups and details with the Architect prior to the completion of the specification.
- We create a door hardware schedule for detention hardware based upon the Architect’s door schedule.
- We review and assist in the resolution of door hardware issues.
- We provide our recommendation of what is required for the door hardware to meet the needs of detention and other areas of the facility. We facilitate the coordination process between the Design Team and Owner based on our specifications and schedules.
- We provide specifications to the Architect for detention steel door and frame requirements for swing and sliding door locations.
- We provide the Architect with specification documentation for door and view window (lite) frame fabrication for detention swing and sliding door locations.
- We provide for detention door reinforcement for hardware to include reinforcements for locks, hinges, and door pulls within the specifications.
- We provide frame reinforcement within the specification for detention doorframes to include hinges and surface mounted hardware requirements, and electrical frame mounted locks.
- We provide door and hardware schedules that will be completed and coordinated upon receipt of the Architect’s detention/secure door schedule.
- We provide the Architect specifications and coordinate locations for detention glazing types, materials, and assemblies.
- We provide the Architect secure fabric specifications including rail and supports for recreation or covered areas.