Homeland Security Program Development
Pharma • Chemical • Petrochemical • Electronics
PSE’s staff has 30 years experience providing comprehensive professional engineering, design, and consulting services in security, particularly for Pharma, chemical, utility, and government agency clients throughout the U.S. The firm’s depth of expertise is measurable in the great number of our designs in current operation, which total several hundred and equal over $3 billion in construction costs.
Professional Systems Engineering’s staff experience in defining requirements for both counter-crime and counter-terrorism in Homeland Security for chemical, organics, refinement/manufacturing and laboratory spaces includes site security, fire protection, gas suppression, communications and fire alarm/mass notification. Many of these system designs were accomplished for the following client projects.
- McNeil Pharmaceutical, Spring House, PA Labs and Manufacturing
- Ortho Pharmaceutical, Raritan, NJ Labs and Manufacturing
- McNeil Consumer Products, Round Rock, TX Class 100 Manufacturing
- McNeil Consumer Products, Las Piedras, PR Class 100 Manufacturing
- McNeil Pharmaceutical, Spring House, PA Animal Research Labs
- Boehringer Ingelheim, NJ Precious Metals Laboratory Analysis
- Citgo Petroleum, Corpus Christi, TX Refinery
- Citgo Petroleum, Lake Charles, LA Manufacturing
- Citgo Petroleum, Houston, TX Corporate Offices
- Rhone Poulenc Rohrer, Ft. Washington, PA Labs and Manufacturing
- BASF Corporation, Mount Olive, NJ Research and Development Center
- National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD Campus Improvements
- Nortel, Ottawa, Canada New Production Laboratories
- Sterling Pharmaceuticals, Collegeville, PA New Campus
- University of PA, Philadelphia, PA Animal Research Labs
- Key Pharmaceuticals, Las Piedras, PR Class 100 Manufacturing and Packaging
- Astro Space Center, Brunswick, NJ Satellite Intergration/Test
- International Flavors and Fragrances Manufacturing
Many of these projects required specialized lethal gas and biohazard monitoring, safety integration, and critical life safety measures. In some cases, even 1 part in 1 billion of working chemicals could be immediately lethal leading to special safety planning.
Security and communications efforts were equally as strong requiring utmost care in program development, governmental regulation, and contractor compliance while providing both convenience and safe conditions for the work population.